Monday, September 26, 2022

Sunday sewing............


Early in the day yesterday I sewed the 15th LeMoyne Star block.  It was already cut so that didn't take long.







I opened the Sunday only project box and I only had 8 sets of fabric ready to sew.  I'm down to a very small variety of triangles so I need to do some cutting.  I added plaids the last 2 weeks.  I might add batiks because I have a small stack already cut.


I still had some time and energy left (I could have run the vacuum cleaner....no, I couldn't) so I cut strips off of the first pull of fabrics for the next quilt.  Rather than take big yardage pieces to the ironing table I decided to cut strips 1/4" wider than I needed and then ironed the those strips.  Now I'm ready to start cutting pieces from the strips.  First though I really need to get a backing fabric pressed and the seam sewn.  The end of the month is creeping up.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Plaids on your Sunday Sewing project are really nice.
A bit warmer here this a.m. -- low 50's--nice walking weather...
hugs, julierose

JustGail said...

Nope, the end of the month is roaring up like a steam train belching smoke, steam, and sparks, and with every horn on it blaring. And no brakes.

JJM said...

Every star just sparkles with your fabric combinations. This is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Your Sunday project is such fun combinations of fabrics.

And so happy to see you’ve been lured into creating your own ‘Square With in a Square’. (Don’t know if thats its real name or not)

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh you've made a start wth your fabric selection, these colours are beautiful together and I can't wait to see the blocks showing in your posts.