Friday, September 9, 2022

Starting to re-arrange blocks...............




I finished sewing the rest of the rows for the second section yesterday afternoon.  They are ready to go downstairs to the big design wall.


I pinned the top 2 sections with an overlap to give me more room to design the rest of the quilt.  I will stilI have one row laying on the floor but that is better than 2 rows on the floor.  I started moving the blocks up to meet the top sections but then stopped, thinking maybe that red/orange row needs to be at least partially green.  Today I will take down all of the blocks at the bottom and stack them by color and then decide where the last 2 larger blocks will be.  Then I can fill in with the rest and determine what colors I need to sew for the last few blocks.  I think the dark larger block in the middle right needs to down toward the bottom so I'll substitute another in that spot.  All of the extra blocks are on the wall to the right of the layout.  I think I might need 5 more blocks.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I just admire how you can re-arrange so many different colored blocks so well...nice work...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the bigger it gets the prettier it gets!!

JustGail said...

Part of me agrees that one row of red/orange needs some green.
OTOH, don't the tree colors generally change at the top of hills and work down over the days?
OTOH, since when does quilting need to reflect real life?
OTOH, (good grief how many hands do I think I have?) I think many of us pull real life into our quilts somehow, if only in memories of what was happening when we made them.

I'm *liking* this quilt lots. Love the Charlie Harper birds in the mix.

patty a. said...

This quilt is so pretty! I love the colors!

Karen H said...

I love these quilt blocks, this will really be a pretty quilt, whatever you decide on the layout.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, I love it so much! Your have totally made it your own, and it is so beautiful.

Mystic Quilter said...

You must be having fun with arrangement of these blocks, so much lovely colour! The red/orange row could probably use a little green, it seems to stand out compared to other rows.It'll be a gem of a quilt when all finished.