Friday, September 16, 2022

Getting closer..............


I moved the green row (left center) up one row and now I think I am pretty happy with that 2 row section.  The only thing I might change is the Charley Harper block at the end of that row.  I think it needs to be a little darker.  Just to recap again, the top 2 sections of 2 rows each are already sewn and are overlapped to give me more room to design the rest of the quilt.  If I sew the next 2 row section I can overlap it too and move all of the blocks from the floor up onto the design wall. The next row below that section (that I am ready to sew) will just be one row and then the next 2 will be 2 row sections.  This is because of the 1.5 ratio blocks.


In the front garden the pink blooms on the Sedums are lush and beautiful.  There are 2 different varieties here.  They will turn deeper red or rose at the end of the season.




The bees just love these flowers.  If you enlarge the photo you can see 2 bees.






There are 2 bees in this photo too.  They are just swarming around the blooms.






There are 3 groups of Moss Roses and this group is the prettiest right now.  I wonder if they will self seed for plants next spring.





This is a quilt in a Karla Alexander book and every time I see it I want to make it.  It is all Kaffe fabrics.  I'm questioning whether I really need to make it or do I just need to make another quilt with the same and similar fabrics because I'm sure it is the colors and the fabrics that are calling my name.  I do like the pattern too though.

9 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I love your tree branches! It has a definite fall vibe.

Julierose said...

Arboretum is really coming together so well..
Your sedum is just gorgeous--talk about lovely pink and green!
Hope your weekend is good...hugs, julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those sedums - I really must look for some next year.

Mary said...

I love the energy in your arboretum quilt. Moss roses are some of my favorite bedding plants, but I didn't find any locally this year.

patty a. said...

It is easy to harvest the seeds from the moss roses. Looks like many of them could fall on the sidewalk instead into the dirt. Maybe harvest a few and toss them into the dirt and also save a few for spring. I need to plant some of those.

Gail said...

I LOVE your forest quilt and I so enjoy the journey you have taken us on, showing your progress in the construction phase. I also like the design of the quilt in the book. It looks quite nice even though I'm not a fan of Kaffe fabrics.

JJM said...

I will be sad when Arboretum is complete, its been a treat to watch grow. And its gotten you ready to tackle Karla A’s quilt. I love the pattern and I know your fabrics will make it sensational. I hope you decide to make it.

Wonderful photos of your Sedum’s, your gardens have certainly put on a show this year.

JJM

Libby in TN said...

That Karla Alexander quilt has "you" written all over it!

sue s said...

I love the Arboretum each time I see it! My sedum are a little behind yours but will be the dark color eventually. I really like them for fall in the garden. I too often am attracted to a pattern because of the colors and so I have to decide if it's just the fabric. It often is!