Saturday, September 3, 2022

Monthly recap for August 2022...........


 August ended with 3 finishes and no quilt tops completed.  On the left is Winged square or Cut Glass Dish, 47" x 58.5".  In the middle is Matrix, a Springleaf Studios pattern, 52" x 73".  On the right, I have just been calling it Kaffe 4 Stars, and it is 58" x 84".  My totals for the year so far, 14 finished and 15 quilt tops.  I have 3 tops in progress so maybe next month I will get at least one of them to completion.


For my own information I need to add the stats for this one here. I made this quilt top in June 2021.  It has a lot of older out of print Kaffe fabrics in it as well as some of the newer Kaffe collective fabrics.

It is quilted with light gray cotton YLI thread on top, light rust Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.

Hobbs 80/20 batting.



I was so happy to find the Kaffe Banana Tree fabric on sale so I could use it as a backing.  I think it is perfect with this quilt top.

The binding is the same blue stripe as the insert strips at the top and bottom.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

What a trio of lovely quilts--they are all so pretty...I especially like the "Cut Glass Dish" you've made...
Have a great weekend--very cool here in the early mornings --only mid 50's. I like that.;))) hugs, Julierose

cityquilter grace said...

it is mind blowing what one can do with simple shapes and over-the-top fabrics...very pretty every one

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love them all but especially the last one and that backing suits the quilt perfectly

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your use of color never ceases to amaze me. The four stars quilt is stunning and I love the secondary designs that appear and disappear in the cut glass dish quilt. Congratulations on THREE finishes!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are great finishes!!!

JJM said...

So good to see 3 lovely finishes for August. This last one you just finished stole my heart. Your production never ceases to amaze me.

Forest fire smoke has rolled into our valley with air particulant in the unhealthy stage. No Walking for me today.

JJM

MissPat said...

I've lost track of how many of your quilts I want to make. The Kaffe 4 star has just been added to the list, although I don't have enough Kaffe to do a whole quilt. But I have lots of other vibrant colorful fabrics.
Pat

sewyouquilt2 said...

So beautiful every one. I would be hard pressed to pick any favorite in your quilts.they are all gorgeous

Nann said...

The "gallery" view is astounding.

Judy Martin said...

You are very prolific - incredible!
xo