Monday, September 5, 2022

Sunday project again............


Yesterday I continued on my Sunday only project.  This is some previous strips I have sewn plus the inspiration quilt.





Although the project was started with a big box of triangles cut from scraps, I'm now cutting from yardage.  That is my goal now, cut from yardage.  I would much rather have my scrap bag be in my estate sale than my yardage.  My goal yesterday was to pull some low volume fabrics since the inspiration quilt has some low volume strips.


Some of the fabrics needed pressing before I could cut a strip off to take to my die cutter so I only cut a few of them so far.  The first 4 strips are sewn and I like them.

It was cooler yesterday so I baked in the morning.  It looks like a nice cool week so maybe I'll bake something else too.  I like to have things to pull out of the freezer on days I don't feel like baking.

11 comments:

Nann said...

Good thinking -- scraps for someone else in the future, yardage for you now!

Julierose said...

Yes, leftover scraps for your estate better than unused yardage--I agree. Your new lighter strip pairings are so lovely..nice work and good thinking hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

“I would much rather have my scrap bag be in my estate sale than my yardage” - profound words indeed.

Gail said...

I agree! Use up your fabric now while you can enjoy it. Fabric has a very poor resale value. When I don't want to cut into my meterage I just picture it sitting on a shelf at a thrift store for 2$CA. This image is all the motivation I need to cut into it.

Ann said...

I hadn't considered that but you make an excellent point: scraps for the estate sale, yardage for ourselves. Still, I've managed to reduce both lately.
The triangle strips quilt looks delightful. Excellent idea to make it a once a week project. It reminds me of the Hatchet quilts I made a while back. I've seen someone else (perhaps Nann) work on a similar idea and may start one myself. Thanks.

JJM said...

I agree with everyone else on scraps and yardage. (*._.*) I’ve never seen a piece of fabric of yours I didn’t like and your ‘low volume” triangles are no exception. So soft and delicate to add to your bright and beautiful.

Still coping with forest fire smoke, so heavy we literally can not see our mountains.


JJM

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You make such a good point, I too would much rather my scraps be in a yard sale than my yardage which I plain out love. You've got some beautiful stuff there.

Cathy said...

I'm an oddball, I guess. I don't have much yardage and actually prefer and love to sew with scraps over the yardage I do have which mostly goes toward backings. When I feel like I'm getting low on scraps I force myself to use yardage so I can have the scraps afterwards!

I like how your HSTs are moving along. Using the same inspiration our quilts will be so totally different when all is said and done. Fun!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are scaring me, Wanda. Just keep sewing. All the pieces look great.

patty a. said...

I was digging thru my scraps to try and find some of that wide b&w striped fabric and was freaking out over how many scraps I have. Maybe I should quit worrying about them. Those triangle strip sets are so pretty!

Mystic Quilter said...

Yay for your words on having your scrap bag in your estate sale rather than yardage, exactly where I'm coming from right now! I like the addition of of the lighter fabrics, you're going to have a beautiful mix by the time you're finished.