Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Current Arboretum layout..............



This is definitely not anywhere near the final layout.  I have more thinking to do.  As a recap, the top 2 sections of 2 rows are sewn together and are overlapped so I could get more rows on the design wall.  There are too many dark blocks in the bottom 2 rows so I need to keep playing.  I like the 2 rows below the 2 sewn sections well enough to sew them but that would mean eliminating most of the really dark blocks.  Maybe that is what I need to do anyway.  They could always be a strip in the backing.  I'll be looking through the Charley Harper fabrics again today.  Many decisions to make.  I will try working some of the darker fabrics up higher in the layout.

I finally planted the last 3 perennials that were still in their pots.  I still have others in pots that were dug up when the landscaping project was about to begin last year.  I did my grocery shopping yesterday for the next 10 days so I can concentrate on digging and sewing now.


This is the last photo of my new Kaffe fall 2022 fabrics.  That Paisley Jungle is so pretty in almost all of the new colors.  They called the one in the middle Lime but I have to call it yellow.

 


7 comments:

Kathy said...

You are an expert on color assessments and it's a great feature of your blog to share that knowledge with others. You do have a dark/light stripe going on there and no one would notice if you didn't explain what you do and why! I don't usually like Kaffe fabrics, but that paisley is yummy!

Linda Swanekamp said...

This is one grand quilt! Such color and spark- it truly is exuberant! I still need to plant perennials in pots, but have to rabbit proof fence another chunk of the garden.

Julierose said...

This is coming together so well; quite a puzzle to figure out how to spread the dark blocks...enjoy playing hugs, julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt is looking really good

Karen H said...

Oh, I love that quilt more each time I see it. Inserting the bird fussy cut blocks is such a great idea.

JJM said...

It may not be your final layout but it sure takes my breath away ! Arboretum is a fantasy forest filled with your exuberant creativity.
Love it !

Lovely pick of paisleys and floral Kaffe’s fall line.

JJM

patty a. said...

There is so much to look at in that quilt top. I need to stop sewing and pull some weeds! Now that the weather has cooled off it won't be so hard to spend some time outdoors.