Monday, September 19, 2022

In reverse order..................


Starting with evening sewing, the Sunday only project has 14 new strips.  They are on the wall in no particular order as that will be figured out when I get all of the strips sewn.  I had 112 strips sewn previously so I have 126 sewn now.  Here is a link to last week's post if you want more info about the project.




Earlier in the day I sewed 5 new scrappy log cabin blocks and started 5 more.  I need to cut more light strips before I can continue.  I think I have 45 seven inch blocks now.







Even earlier in the day I moved a few blocks and then sewed the next 2 row section and then sewed the individual row above the last 4 rows.  I pinned them up on the wall overlapped slightly so I could move the remaining blocks up and get the bottom row off the floor.  I'm happy with the bottom 4 rows so hopefully I will get them sewn today or tomorrow.  Then I need to press all of the sections and sew the sections together.  I am hoping to have the top together by the end of the month.  I was thinking about a Charley Harper pieced border to make it twin bed size but I'm not sure now.  To be continued.............

 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Arboretum is looking beautiful! You are doing such a super job blending all the blocks together...nice work.;)))
the triangles are mounting up--will be waiting to see how you will set them...
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

You have several projects going on and they are all interesting!

JJM said...

Love your thoughts on a C.H. border for your Arboretum. You are making great progress on Log Cabin and Sunday/Holiday both. Great post today Wanda.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I would need to see the border with your Arboretum top - I love it just the way it is sans border but I could be wrong! Lovely color blasts today.