Thursday, September 8, 2022

Starting to sew rows................


It was time to get started sewing the Arboretum quilt together so I can design the bottom part.


I didn't get the second section quite straight on the wall.  The rest is 2 rows of regular size blocks and I brought them upstairs to sew but didn't get it done before bedtime.  These 2 sections will go back on the design wall downstairs overlapped quite a bit so I have room to get the rest of the blocks on the wall.  I have to move all of the blocks up about 10" or so.  I think this was the last photo I took of all of the blocks up to that point on the wall.  I now have 12 new blocks waiting to go up as well as more 1.5 ratio blocks and small blocks.  It would be nice to get this all designed by Saturday night.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, goodness! I'd love to live in that enchanting forest!

Julierose said...

This is really looking lovely--the different "forest skies" look so pretty on these...such a lovely assemblage already--nice work I am looking forward to seeing how the larger and smaller blocks as well as the CH ones all meld together...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

It really is an enchanted forest. Very striking and unique.

patty a. said...

How fun to finally get to start sewing this together! It looks great and I am loving the changes you added with the Harper fabric and the different sized tree blocks.

sue s said...

This is so lovely and the Charlie Harper birds so fun! There is a pottery shop in town that makes display tiles with his birds. It is neat to see it in fabric too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The CH blocks look so good in the sewn together rows . . . what a brilliant idea to include them in the forest.

Vicki W said...

That is going to be soooo cool! I've been thinking about doing a version with each block framed to maybe make 8 or 10" blocks. Still pondering while I work on Red Sunset.

Kristin said...

I love, love, love the little birds on your arboretum quilt! They make it so unique.

JJM said...

So looking forward to your final layout for Arboretum, it is truly one of my many favorites.

Got my walk in today as the smoke cleared just long enough for that… and quickly the heavy forest fire smoke rolled back over the mountains by early afternoon. Weather kids tell us the smoke is from Oregon and California. So difficult to cope with.

JJM

sewyouquilt2 said...

Coming together so beautifully. Love your version