Saturday, September 24, 2022

Sorting fabric, 2 more blocks............


I have a few days of sorting fabric and getting it all put away in its proper place.  While I was working on that yesterday I chose 4 more fabrics for the LeMoyne Star blocks.  I want to add some purples into the red side of blocks. This purple has a red-orange with it in the print.  I have a few more candidates chosen and hope to cut them today.  

I really need to think about quilting something this month.  I have the top chosen, batting cut and the backing fabric is waiting to be ironed.  It is the only 16 patch that I set on point.


 I brought a couple stripes upstairs to see if they might work as a border for the log cabin quilt.  The blocks right now would make a 42" x 56" quilt, a little small for an adult quilt and to me it doesn't look like a child's quilt.  I could add a 5" border for a 52" x 66" quilt or I could make another 32 blocks for a 56" x 70" quilt and still add a striped border.  I could continue making blocks in between other projects, or I could assign a day to it like I did for my Sunday only project.  Another option would be to add another round of strips on every block which would change them from 7" blocks to 9" blocks.  Too much to think about right now.  I will continue to work on getting all of the leftover fabrics from the last 3 projects put away.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely LeMoyne Star blocks! I like the purple addition...
Hope your weekend is a good one--really chilly here--only 46 this morning..
Hugs under my quilt,Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I might go with a narrow inner border and then the four-inch outer border - I don't think I could commit to another 32 blocks!

JJM said...

I like Quiltdivajulie thoughts on border(s) for your log cabin. And I know you will create the final finish perfectly.

I had to look up what LeMoyne meant….was surprised at one meaning that turned my face red, that came up on Google first.
All in all your star blocks are so pretty.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Super duper Log Cabin quilt, beautifully bright! Just back to reading posts so will comment here for the past few I missed.
Charley in the Forest is a stunner, your idea to go with the mix of size and to add the extra fabric worked brilliantly.Sorry to hear about your toe, those injuries are always painful. Wow, thank goodness your newest little one is home now and thriving.
Fabric for the Karla Alexander quilt, definitely more fabrics and those you've pulled are beauties, the second photo of fabric groups has one of my favourites bottom right, they all blend well together.

patty a. said...

The LeMoyne blocks are pretty! Your log cabin project has got me thinking about getting my log cabin quilt finally quilted. It has only been a top since the late 70's!