Thursday, March 17, 2022

Yard work, sewing strips..........


I spent a couple hours outside mowing over leaves raked off the flower beds and picking up more branches and twigs.

I sat down and sewed more strip sets a couple times during the day but I just didn't have the pep to press all of the blocks and trim them.


I have enough blocks for another row of 10" tall blocks and a lot of blocks that will be shorter, size to be figured out when I get down to the iron and the design wall.  I don't think I'll do any outside work today and rain is predicted toward the end of the week.  More time to sew.


 

7 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Looking forward to seeing the strip sets coming together. Isn’t it amazing how the first yard work of the season can wear you out? I always think it’s the heat ;-)

Julierose said...

Still too chilly to do much yardwork here--not that i will be doing anything this year--but DH is dying to get out there. He did do a bit of early spring bush trimming ...
Hugs, Julierose

Gene Black said...

We are having all the rain this week I think. I need to cut the lawn but it is too wet.

patty a. said...

Yard work is hard work! It was so beautiful last evening I hated staying inside to bake cookies. I opened the windows and the air was so nice.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to start that kind of yard work next week still a little wet this week in the yard to work

JJM said...

I’m glad to hear you came in a couple times to catch your breath and do some sewing. It’s so I easy to over do in our gardens no matter what time in the season.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Today is finally a warm, sunny day- but I have other things I have to do so yard work will have to wait. I have to cut down the grasses and coneflowers left all winter. Your sewn fabrics look wonderful.