Friday, March 11, 2022

3 more stratas............


I searched yesterday for 6 more fabrics to make into stratas for my spring pastel 16 patch quilt.  I got as far as this last night and then stopped.








My searching yesterday took me to the shelf of yellow, gold and orange batiks.  I wanted to separate the 3 groups into separate stacks.  This is most of the oranges.  There is another group folded under these that didn't get in the picture..  This was a natural daylight photo with light from the north window.


Then I remembered there were some oranges in my stack of less than a quarter yard pieces.  This photo was taken at night under artificial light.  Even though both piles look similar in color when together, the different lighting makes them look different.


There was a stack of brassy golds and dull gold/green that are kind of interesting.  I will keep them together and see if any ideas come to the surface.

Snow started yesterday afternoon and continuing on into the wee hours of the morning.  It will be cold for a couple days and then Sunday the warmer weather starts.



 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a lot of pretty fabric there!

patty a. said...

You have some really great light colors which I know can be a challenge to find. The new strips sets look like they will fit in nicely. No snow here thank goodness so far today. My phone says it is raining. The temperature is 35 so a bit warm for snow. There is a 40% chance of snow tomorrow. I am looking for the warm up next week! Have a great weekend!

JJM said...

The new stratas look so pretty, with your orange slice in the center, anxious to see where you’ll use them.. Plus last three photos are the prettiest oranges and brassy golds I’ve ever seen.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

The snow just started here at 5 pm. It is always about the light. Color and value change so much as to how much and what kind of light. My husband is tired of hearing me say, "Its all about the light" because it usually means I want more fixtures. LED ones have really helped me. Love the fabric shots.

Needled Mom said...

I always enjoy seeing your stratas. The snow makes for good sew days.