Saturday, March 19, 2022

Improv strip pieced quilt status.............


The 6 rows on the left are sewn together and you can see I need to add to the bottom or rows 5 and 6.  I'm not going to have enough room on this design wall to add the extra row or 2.  I will have to start overlapping rows.  It takes a lot of effort to move another design wall over here but I might have to do it.


I pressed the blocks that were waiting and trimmed them to 10.5" tall and whatever width I could get out of the piecing.  I have enough to do another whole row plus add on pieces for the rows that are too short.



This row of blocks are shorter so maybe they will be 7.5" tall.

I sewed a few more blocks last night so I'll get them pressed and trimmed today.

 

13 comments:

Candy said...

wow !!!

compusword said...

May I say that I am drooling all over the monitor because if this project?
Am loving it. Liz in Houston

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just love this! The blocks are great and so many possible layouts. The colors are wonderful.

Debbie said...

I love this. It is such a great idea. I will have to try this as I have been into improvisational piecing lately.

JJM said...

SENSATIONAL ! ! ! It explodes off the screen, you did it again Wanda. . . When you’re Gardening, are thinking about the quilt you’re working on and visa versa when you’re stitching up the blocks for another quilt ?

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, yes! This is absolutely stunning.

Florida Farm Girl said...

It is amazing to see what a striking top comes from seemingly random fabrics. I think I may study this a bit.

LG said...

I Love this! Might be time to update your first and second favorite on the right side bar!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've enjoyed watching all these blocks come together! I want to get back to some scrappy looking sewing - just need to change gears from all the knitting I've been doing. Looking forward to seeing your garden coming back to life. I still have pruning to do and hope to get some new flowering plants for my tubs/wall planters. Have a nice Sunday - 1st day of Spring, yeah! :)

Anne Ibach said...

I love this improv quilt! Makes me feel bad about some narrow strips I've been tossing!
Anne

Needled Mom said...

Those are really stunning.

Nann said...

Oh, gorgeous ripples!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I do like this Wanda!! Fantastic use of your strips.