Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A little of everything.............

 

It got up to 60 degrees yesterday so I was outside trimming all of my hydrangeas and picking up fallen branches.  Redbud trees are notorious for dropping branches all year long.

Last night I sewed some more of the half rectangle blocks.  I have some more of the lightest fabrics so I need to do some more cutting.




I will sew a lot more of these before I go to the design wall with them so it will probably be a week before I'm ready.

Last night I also sewed 4 rows of the improv strip pieced quilt (no photo yet).  I won't sew the rows together yet because I may want to move some of them to different locations in the top or turn them end for end.  Right now I'm just trying to get all the rows the same length.

11 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Great fabric. xo

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those fabrics. I need to pick up some branches from the red bud here too I noticed.

Julierose said...

Your 1/2 rectangles are so pretty in those fabrics...nice work hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I walked around the perimeter of the house when I got home and the back yard is squishy! I have lots and lots of sticks to pick up too. I need to cut down my ornamental grasses and clean up the leaves that have accumulated in the flower beds.

Needled Mom said...

Bet it felt good to be outside working in the gardens. Those fabrics are just the best!

JustGail said...

The more I see this fabric line, the more I like it. Now, what local shop did I see the FQ bundle at?

JJM said...

You had a good day yesterday, outside and inside. I can see you’re going to have fun creating with your rectangles.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am loving that fabric in your Half square rectangles. They look so interesting.

Dorothy said...

Love the HRTs. Feels good to do some yard clean up here too

Vicki W said...

Gosh, these fabrics are awesome! I've been just picking up sticks. So many sticks!

Vicki W said...

Gosh, these fabrics are awesome! I've been just picking up sticks. So many sticks!