Monday, March 21, 2022

More triangles........and blooms...........


My improv quilt is on the design walls in the basement and since it got up to 60 yesterday the heat didn't come on and it was cold down there.  That's my excuse for continuing to sew the triangle squares.  Each stack has 6, 8, 10 or 12 in it so I haven't got a total count of them yet.  I have 3 ideas of what I will use them for so I'll experiment a little so I can make a decision.


My soft red cactus decided to present me with one last bloom for the season.






On the shelf above it is one more bud on the orange cactus.  I have had blooms as late as mid-April so I won't give up yet on future blooms. 

7 comments:

patty a. said...

It was cold here all weekend until Sunday afternoon. The downstairs was cold so I ended up running the electric space heater until it warmed up outside. I love your improv quilt! It is nice the cacti are still giving you some lovely color.

Julierose said...

We've had a cold off the ocean breeze keeping us still on the cold side here.
Pretty final bloom from your cactus.
Looking forward to seeing how you put those triangles together...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I imagine the basement is a nice cool place to work in the summer when it is hot but not so much in the spring/fall if the heat doesn't' come on much there - can't work with frozen fingers

JJM said...

Those are ‘luscious’ looking triangle squares Wanda. And your cacti blossoms always look way better than mine.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful triangles sewn and beautiful blooms.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I remember how cold and damp our basement was growing up in MI. It was great in the summer when it was cooler than the heat outdoors but NOT so much the rest of the year.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing just what you design with these.