Thursday, March 10, 2022

Almost there...........

I had to put that too dark block on the bottom left corner to just fill in the whole 80 blocks.  I think there are 3 - 5 blocks coming out so I'm make some more light blocks.  I thought there might be some in the orphan block box but I guess I used them all in the last pastel 16 patch.  That one was mixed regular fabrics and batiks with a Kaffe collective print thrown in for some alternate blocks.

Next week is predicted to be in the 50s and maybe 60s so I will go out and trim my hydrangea bushes and check on other things in the garden areas.
 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

This is looking so pretty--
We had about 1 1/2" of snow yesterday; still pretty cold, but looking forward to warming temps over the weekend...time to trim our Nellie Stevens Hollies...
another job for my DH! Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Yes I can see that a few of those blocks are just a bit too dark. Overall it is such a pretty group of blocks! I didn't realize that warmer weather was in the forecast until I read your post. With the time change that means I will have to get out and start on the yard work and get the seeds started.

JJM said...

Good to see the entire quilt. It is one lovely quilt top, showing soft sweet spring inspiration.

JJM

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Lovely soft palette. It's making me long for spring.

Cindy said...

Loving these pastel batiks!!!!! I need to buy some! I gravitate to the mediums/darks automatically so I never "see" the pastels. What you do with fabric is AMAZING!!!! Do you ever sleep?????

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love the softness of t h e colors. Pretty quilt

sue s said...

I love the softness!
I'm curious- what type of hydrangeas do you have? I never know when to trim them so they get pretty messy. I have oak leafs.