Monday, March 28, 2022

Getting ready...................


The last seam was sewn in the backing and then it was time to load it on the longarm.  This top was finished in April 2018 so it is time.........




Yesterday I was going through a box that hadn't been opened for a couple years and I found 7 of these wedges.  About a year ago I finally put all of the Kaleidoscope wedges left over from several projects in a project box and every time I found more of them I would add them to the box.  These are leftover from my all floral Kaleidoscope quilt and there are 26 with long dark strip and 25 with long white strip.  I need 4 of each for a block so there are enough pieces for 6 blocks.  They will probably go back in the box for now but I think I have finally found all of the stray wedges.


I also found enough of these pieces to add 2 rows to the top that I made in October last year.  They were in 2 different piles and every time I came across them I thought there was only enough for one row.  Finally one day both piles ended up on the same table and I realized there was enough for 2 rows.


The bloom was fully open on the back side of the orange cactus.  It is so graceful and beautiful.



 

12 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I went back to April 2018 to see the about the quilt on your longarm. I see there was snow in April 2018 so I guess I shouldn’t complain about the snow we are having now at the end of March ;-)

Anonymous said...

What treasures you have- especially the quilt on the longarm!
Kathy

Julierose said...

Lovely quilt on your longarmer!! That coral bloom is so beautiful...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have been busy! it takes awhile to get the quilt on the frame doesn't it

patty a. said...

That looks like a big job to load that quilt. You are not alone in misplacing pieces! It good that you found the missing stacks for that second row.

JJM said...

I really like this quilt top. It’s a pattern I could do, maybe. The center rectangle grows into such a grand array with all your exuberant fabrics.

It’s always fun to find forgotten pieces, especially in your studios of hidden treasures.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you have a busy sewing schedule ahead! Do you float all of your quilts? It’s always like Christmas when I find treasure boxes like that.

Nann said...

That's a big one for you, Wanda! It will feel good to have it finished, I'm sure. Do you use all-the-same fabric for most quilt backs, or do you piece blocks into them?

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

So many pretty things! I really like that big one - so many happy fabrics all playing together. Your leftovers look pretty interesting, too.

Mystic Quilter said...

Loved this quilt when you first began in 2018. He also had the same pattern in another of his books, can't recall which right now, but I think it was called Ice Cream and I bought a kit because I loved the fabrics he'd used.
Having seen yours here I'm tempted to make another one - something with straight strips would be ideal right now. Also seeing your left over pieces from your floral kaleidoscope and visiting once again your post showing this quilt, I'm now thinking this would be ideal for all my beautiful flowered Hoffmans.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great the quilt is loaded! I have some of those ones in my closet- top done and waiting. Love those wedges and all the lovely florals.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Pretty quilt and floral wedges.