Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Progress on two.............


I got the two new side rows sewn onto this quilt top.  This one was started back in the late 1990s but it isn't my oldest project.











I know from a distance and in a photo it has the appearance of being rust and brown but the dark fabric is purple with with lavender, red, and green in the print.




A friend and I made our quilts from Kaffe's book using the very same fabrics as in the book.  I think that is a first for me.  I'm just getting around to finishing mine whereas hers was finished years ago.  The binding is "Creased" by Brandon Mably and is used in the borders within the quilt top top too.  The stripe runs across the fabric so it had to be cut on the lengthwise grain.  Luckily I still had the remaining part of the fabric that the lengthwise strips were cut from so I could easily cut my binding strips.  I hand sewed for 3 hours and got 2 sides finished and 20" on a third side.  That means I still have almost 3 hours to go.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Would you please give the name of the quilt pattern for the top quilt? I have to make it!!!

patty a. said...

Love the striped binding! I will be spending a number of hours sewing the binding on the Harley quilt this upcoming weekend. I plan on hand sewing it so now I know it could take 6 hours after reading how long it is taking you to bind this quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm surprised you have projects started so many years ago that you are just now finishing! I have a couple UFO's that I don't know if I will ever finish but I don't think I even have any of the fabric left that I had started with for one of them.

Corrine and Eric said...

Although this is a very simple pattern with just a few fabrics, it does make a stunning quilt. I hate only using a few different fabrics but this does look beautiful put together.

JJM said...

Your Radiating Diamond quilt top, takes my breath away, love the fabrics especially the paisley. 1990’s doesn’t seem that long ago.
And it is a timeless pattern, and fabrics.

Perfect binding for your floral. You no doubt have it finished as I write this.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks wonderful. I just love the binding!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a surprise to see the colour in the close up photo of the top quilt, a beautiful mix and definitely not showing clearly in the long shot photo.

Dave and Diane said...

I keep thinking about this quilt pattern (the triangle one) and decided I need to know more! What is the name of the pattern? This is my first attempt at sending you a comment, but I have been enjoying your blog for years.