Tuesday, March 22, 2022

View from the sewing chair...............


Over the last 30 days I have been cutting batik kits for a future colorwash class.  I always make a wallhanging from the kit so I know how well it works.  I worked on this one yesterday and it still needs some tweaking.






It was 71 degrees yesterday afternoon the only time I remembered to check.  I wanted to see what was coming up and the Sedums seem to be the only thing that is making good progress.



These 2 are on the other side of the porch from the ones I cleaned up a few days ago.  There are a total of 4 of them in this spot, all plants that I had in pots and needed to plant before winter.



The big large leaf green Coral Bell plant stays green all winter.  This clump is about 3 feet in diameter even though I dug up at least 6 parts to share with others last year.




The back garden only has the Columbine growing so far.  Behind the tree is the path made with all of the leftover pavers from my front garden. It goes between rows of Hostas.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Your colorwash is looking so pretty; those sedums are really liking their new home ;))
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always nice to have a super nice day to wander outside a bit. We are in for another rainy day - but so glad the weekend will be great when I go to the AQS show in Branson

patty a. said...

Beautiful colorwash! My cora bells look awful. I think something got in there and chewed the heck out of them. I will have to wait to see what comes up.

JJM said...

Color wash is so pretty. Yesterday and today we have spring temps but it hasn’t hit 70 yet.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful fabrics in the colorwash!
Nothing much growing here yet- maybe Helleborus buds?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yesterday it was 74 and sunny. Today it is raining raining raining and chilly again. DH has been out with younger son getting rid of the many small branches and the last of the fallen leaves. Plants have been trimmed back to allow new growth to proceed and we are seeing signs of spring every where we look - including the first hosta noses peeking up from the dirt. It will be fun to see your back garden grow/bloom from the photo you shared today.

sue s said...

Still too early for our plants; our front lawn faces north and is always shady (good in summer!). Your color washes are always so pretty.

Millie said...

Dearest Wanda,
I am going to issue you a challenge. I see so many of your colorwash quilts where you move from green directly to red even though they lie opposite each other on the color wheel. I want to see you make a colorwash that shows green to yellow to orange to red. You can join your red to green via brown to complete the circle. I want so see more of those hot colors. I know you can do it. Don't tell me you don't have enough fabric.

Respectfully and affectionately yours,
Lynne Tyler

Needled Mom said...

I love watching your color washes come together. It won’t be long before the garden is in full bloom.