Monday, March 14, 2022

Spring 16 patch...............


It's sewn.......I could have agonized over it longer but I'm happy with it.  Two quilts would have been a nice fix too but I guess in the end I wanted a larger piece.  It is just a bit under 64" x 80".  I haven't pressed it yet so I'll probably show it later when it is pressed and I have done the staystitching.  This one is all batiks.


Once I had that top sewn I made 4 more blocks for the improv strip pieced quilt top.  I need it off the design wall in the basement so I'll probably start sewing it together today.  I wanted to make it one more row longer.  It will be 89" long now.  I know there are a few blocks shorter than 10" hanging on the bar of the longarm so maybe I can squeeze out another 8" or 9" row like I have at one end of the top on the design wall now.

12 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

The spring 16 patch is beautiful!

patty a. said...

The top turned out so pretty!

Julierose said...

It is so Spring-ey;))) Lovely soft flowery colors--Beautiful work hugs, Julierose

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

It's lovely and so springlike. Sometimes you just have to go with it since moving just one block can cause other things to need a change. It becomes endless shifting.

JJM said...

16 Patch truly is a work of art, and so lovely created with your pastels. And it tickled me to see the punch of brilliant improv strips.

JJM

Sue said...

Your 16 patch is beautiful! You are truly an expert in color value,arrangement and overall eye appeal. You have created another win!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Pretty sixteen-patch - well done! (despite all the auditioning and rearranging and pondering). I'm looking forward to seeing the improv strip pieced quilt top come together!

Kristin said...

I love the spring 16 patch! All of your quilt are lovely. You have such a great way of putting colors together!

Needled Mom said...

It’s beautiful as is, Wanda.

Mystic Quilter said...

Spring 16 patch is the perfect name!

Anonymous said...

love your spring quilt. i may need to check my stash as I d ont think i use many softer shades. so so beautiful

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think it is so pretty.
Love all those colors together