Sunday, March 20, 2022

National Quilting Day yesterday............


I probably should have kept working on the improv quilt but I decided for National Quilting Day I should do something I love and that is working with triangles.  I still have a lot of darker color 2" finished triangles left over after making the Winged Square quilts.  I chose a light Kaffe fabric to cut into matching triangles.  It won't be the only light I use but I'll get at least 72 out of this piece of fabric.


I cut 48 triangles and will cut the rest after I press a crease out of the remainder of the fabric.







I sewed 6 combinations and then ran out of light triangles.  Then I went through the box of triangles and pulled out all of the light prints where there were 6 or more matching.  I have 10 more sets paired and ready to sew.  I need to turn on the iron today so I'll get that first light fabric pressed when I press the last improv blocks.

We had some nice rain yesterday.  I didn't get my rain gauge out there for the first 2 hours of rain but there was .7" in there late in the afternoon.  More rain predicted Tues and Wed.  We are still in the deficit but better off than the far northern counties of IL.

8 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Love these bright and bold fabrics you’re using.

Char said...

Love those triangles Wanda. I worked on crumb blocks in an effort to clear my cutting table.🤣

JJM said...

Nice Sunday post Wanda, it was fun to see the progress of your triangles ~ from cut to stitched into such pretty combinations.

JJM

Dorothy said...

Triangles are my favorite too. So many possibilities.
Happy Spring !!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good for you for doing something you love to celebrate National Quilting Day!

Julierose said...

Lovely fabric pairings!! Great to work on a fun project with fabrics you really love.
We have rain predicted here, too and a little warm up..hugs, julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful triangles. I made sample blocks of 2 quilt patterns to see if I like them. Washed and readied a quilt package going out for comfort. Couldn’t hang a quilt outside to celebrate as it was rainy all day. Keep on going with those lovely triangles.

Needled Mom said...

Pretty triangles! We actually got a sprinkling yesterday too - our first since December, but only .1”.