Sunday, March 6, 2022

22 of 63 blocks.................


When it is warm outside (mid 60s) in late winter or early spring the heat doesn't come on and the basement is cold.  The only trip down there was to press the newest 20 blocks.  Shown here are one each of the spring 16 patch blocks so far.  There is an almost identical duplicate of each in another pile on the table.  I just wanted to see how they are all playing together so far.  The darkest blocks will probably be placed on the outside edges or maybe corners unless there are enough more to balance them throughout the quilt.  I have strip sets sewn for 21 more blocks.  63 is the minimum number of blocks I need, the other option is 80 blocks. 

8 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Strange weather year for sure. Mid 70's here yesterday... and did not cool down over night... much. 70 when we got up (@5). Had to open the doors to bring the temps down. Basement is a little on the cool side here too. We had a beautiful week of mild temps and got some outside work done. Daffodils are in full bloom. Wild Violas have presented in a few protected spots, the speedwell and a couple of dandelions are providing some flowers for the bees. Pasture needed to have the hot wire redone... Need to keep the meat on the hoof contained!! Your spring blocks are very timely!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is at times amazing how chilly a house can feel when the heat doesn't come on for several days even though it is nice outside - same here some rooms warmer than others and even though it is nice enough for the heat not to be popping on I find I grab a sweater off and on because of it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful light color blocks. And you have more strip sets! I have a small electric heater I plug in when I am working in the basement this time of year. If I don't, the long arm skips.

Julierose said...

48 degrees here and very foggy...strange weather, is right!!
Sometimes I think it feels colder on a day like this, than when it is dry and 15 degrees out there. That fog seems to be bone chilling...O Spring--where are you???
I like how the blocks are going together so far...
Hugs julierose

Anne Ibach said...

I'm loving this 16 patch Wanda! it's really pretty and so soft. I'm starting to get itchy to make another one.

JJM said...

Fun watching your pastel blocks grow into one lovely quilt top. Even your pastels are exuberant.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

Great looking blocks. I’m looking forward to seeing them all together.

Vicki W said...

Our basement is cold this time of year too. Chris gets a little annoyed that I want a fire down there while I work but he does it anyway!