Saturday, March 12, 2022

Maybe it should be 2 quilts............


I put the new blocks into the layout and the orange one isn't working at all.  There isn't enough contrast between the 2 fabrics.


I put one of the pulled blocks back into the layout and moved a couple blocks but I'm just not happy with this.  I think maybe I should make 2 quilts out of the blocks, both small quilts.  One will have all of the lightest blocks and the other the darker blocks.  I could make one 40" x 56" and put in the extra 7 blocks into the other one for a quilt 48" x 64" with 4 blocks leftover.  Another option is to add in a large print fabric as additional blocks like I have done several times before.  I will try one more layout with darker and lighter blocks alternated all through the quilt.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Did you try a gradation of lighter to darker across the width or down the length?

Julierose said...

Good ideas for two quilts as well as putting a central fabric in the center--that takes a lot of "putting up and taking down" doesn't it? :))) You get your stretching exercises done for sure, hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Because the values are more subtle, they are harder to tame. Just gorgeous fabric.

Mari said...

Two quilts seems like a good idea, though your last picture almost looks like it's trying to have the watercolor gradation effect. A quilt with all the pale colors would be lovely.

JJM said...

Whatever you decide, I know you’ll be happy. You’ve out done yourself creating so many lovely blocks.

JJM

Anne Ibach said...

I don't know Wanda...I think this is pretty amazing as it is!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful!! Reminds ne of the tubs of sorbet in the older ice cream stores from way back.