Thursday, March 24, 2022

Colorwash progress..............


Two and a half hours and the colorwash is webbed in one direction and now I'm starting on the cross rows.  I only made a couple adjustments to the design today.




I can't believe I missed this bloom and new bud on the white cactus.  I guess because the pot is white it was kind of camouflaged.  I turned the pot around so I could get this photo.



While I was standing by that window I looked out and I think my blackberry Lily has started growing and to the right and back a little that looks like some Hostas peeking out.  It rained almost all day so I didn't want to go out and check on it.  All of the green that looks like grass in the back is that wild onion nuisance.  It is so hard to dig out because every blade of the grass has a little onion shaped root and there are dozens of them in each clump.


 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh we get those pesky wild onions too; they are difficult to get removed completely for sure!
Nice job getting your colorwash webbed--hugs, julierose (P,S, High winds
and heavy rains here this morning!)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Hate those prolific wild onions. Can't wait to see the new colorwash! I love the color of the bloom- I have a few pink ones right now.

patty a. said...

I am glad you were able to settle on the final layout for the colorwash piece so you could start sewing it together. As far as I know I don't have any wild onions. I have enough invasive plants with the wild strawberry, creeping charlie and some purple stuff I have no idea what it is called. I got 1.1" of rain yesterday and the ground is sopping wet. Possible rain on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but no sunshine to help dry things out.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hadn't noticed any hostas popping up but hadn't really looked same with the lilies but they could be there so many other things are popping up. It is wet here and I won't be wandering around the yard looking until next week at this rate.

MissPat said...

I have several different pesky bulb varieties that behave just like the wild onions. The offshoots are so tiny, you never get them all and then they spread to other places. Bet you'll have that colorwash all together later today. We're headed for a week of unseasonably low temps with night time temps going down into the teens.
Pat