Friday, March 4, 2022

Baking marathon.............


Some family from another state is coming to this area this weekend so I volunteered my baking skills.  I intended to start the baking in the morning but instead I baked from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.  I started out with pumpkin muffins.  I love these fancy papers from King Arthur Flour.  They are made with parchment paper and they unfold without peeling off any of the muffin like ordinary pleated papers do.


Next I made shortbread cookies.  I decided to try making heart shaped cookies by using my silicone ice cube tray as a mold.  I rolled the little ball in sugar and then pressed it into the heart shape.  I pushed them out from the back and it worked pretty good.


They weren't very impressive after baking so I probably wouldn't spend the time doing that again.






While the second tray of shortbread cookies were baking I made the Amish Friendship bread batter and then baked 2 loaves.





The other small cactus that I thought might be another pink turned out to be white.  The pink blooms are fading but have a couple more days of prettiness.  





The larger pink cactus is sill blooming.  The only other bud I have seen is on my orange cactus.

I was so happy to hear (in the comments) that I'm not the only one with "stuff" we thought we should have but haven't used yet.  I guess owning it and looking at it now and then isn't much different than our fabric stashes that we haven't used yet and that we pet regularly.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

I love to call mine "stuff and nonsense"--sometimes I really wonder why I bought stuff and what for? :000
Too often I've given some of the stuff away only to find that I shouldn't have and end up re-buying!! That is not good, is it? Hahaha..
Anyway--Have you seen George Carlin's bit about "Stuff"--one of the funniest things...
Love your cacti..Mine is really being stubborn and won't bloom-I may end up feeding it a little of those blooming drops...anyway...I digress,,yet again!
Hugs for a great weekend, Julierose

patty a. said...

The muffins looks delicious and I love the papers. I have never seen those before. I bet the shortbread cookies still taste good!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those papers look great - I will need to remember that and see if they have any before Xmas when I do more baking than any other time of year

Sewing Junkie said...

Wanda you amaze me with the baking. I have lots of hours, but I have found I am allergic to wheat products. The grandkids want me to bake for them all the time.
Hope you are doing well. Chris

JJM said...

Your marathon baking is so pretty, the muffins papers look Iike little crowns on each muffin, Sugared Heart shaped cookies look as sweet as they really are, and Amish friendship loaves look delicious.

I too do marathon baking all the time, the clean up takes up almost as much time, but then I relax for a few weeks. I literally make 70 breakfast waffles and freeze them to pop in toaster for 70 days.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Really love those muffin papers- especially not losing muffin bits in the wrinkles of regular muffin cups. Wish my cactus were blooming. I don't mind baking marathons- but hate the cleanup.

Needled Mom said...

Yum. Bet the house smelled heavenly too.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

All of that baking looks delicious! I'm trying not to do any. I eat it all is why.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

All the baked goods look delicious. I will have to look for that paper.