Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Quilted................


I got the quilting done and unpinned it from the frame but haven't trimmed it yet.  I'm mulling over whether to hand finish or machine finish the binding.




The quilting barely shows up, in fact I couldn't see where I had already quilted, but it is done.  Not my best job but I think this one is going on my bed so it won't matter.  I sleep very soundly and will never notice.



While watching NCIS I sewed the 2 new rows on this quilt.  I see the top right square is turned the wrong way.

I spent the rest of the time in the evening cleaning my machine and winding a lot of bobbins.

I hadn't been to W*lm*rt for 6 weeks so I did some shopping yesterday morning.  They had all but one thing I needed in stock which is unusual for a Monday.  

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Great finish on that longarm work..that is one big quilt! The 4-patch--1/2sq triangle piece is so pretty... nice work very cold this morning here only 19 degrees--Where are you springtime?? Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like the quilt turned out really fast now just to do the binding. Nice colors on it.

patty a. said...

You got that quilt quilted fast! You still have today and tomorrow to get it done for a March finish.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yay, you got the quilt quilted. I would still be at it. I find I go out and shop a lot less. I kind of have to force myself to do it. I just got out of the habit. Errands have never been one of my fave things. I need to work on that. Can't wait to see the trimmed and bound quilt whatever you decide to do on the binding. I always machine quilt it. My handsewing is substandard.

JJM said...

Enlarged all photos today and was able to see your meandering quilting stitches and the square at upper right corner. I must tell you I studied for 10 minutes to find that square in upper right side, that you want to turn. Finally enlarging all every thing mentioned came into focus. I love my iPad. But for photo I find myself enlarging often. Both quilt tops fabrics and designs are so stunning .

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I tried making a version of that first quilt but stalled somewhere along the way due to my poor color choices. Yours is stunning.

Vicki W said...

The brown quilt is so pretty. You've been so productive lately! I haven't but it's been so nice to have company this month and to do some different things.