Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February 2022 monthly recap..............



Two flannel quilts were pieced in January and finished in February.  Both were cut with my Studio die cutter.  The bricks quilt on the left is 55" x 75" and it finally used up most of my pink, blue, and burgundy flannels. The tumbler quilt is made with 9" tumblers and ended up 69" x 89".  I hope I can finish a couple more flannel quilts this month.


Here are my 3 quilt tops of the month.  The one on the left was just waiting (for 11 years) for its border.  It is  48.5" x 58.5".  I'll post more about it tomorrow.  The one in the middle is Winged Square or Cut Glass Dish, whichever name you like best.  It is light and dark blocks combined and measures 48" x 59.5".  The one on the right is all light blocks and reminds me of early bulb flowers blooming in the snow.  It is 48" x 71.5".

I'll be cleaning and organizing today.  I still need to cut the batting and backings for several quilts and I have made a list of all of the sizes so it should go rather quickly.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Such lovely finishes...nice work for February ;))) hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have gotten a bit done for sure! love those stars glad to see you added a border and called it done

Gene Black said...

Congrats on your lovely work. I had exactly one finish for the month. Of course, I am enjoying slowing down a bit.

patty a. said...

You had a great month! I had no finishes for the month, but for March I know I will have the Harley quilt done.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Eleven years - thank you for sharing that because it makes me feel a whole lot less like a slug (grinning). You did have a good month - especially those cut glass dish blocks/tops.

JJM said...

Fabulous Flannel February Finishes, I’d say ! Plus your 3 additional quilt tops that are sensational with all their detail in each block. I look forward to their finishes too.

JJM