Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Half of the blocks............


This is one half of the blocks I have made for the spring pastel 16 patch quilt.  I'm pretty sure I'm pulling out the bottom right block and it and its duplicate will go in the orphan block box.  The bottom of the  design wall has the shadow from my cabinet on it.  I'm going to try to rearrange things in the room so I have better well lit photos in the future.







Awhile back on this post I showed this new fabric I had purchased in 10" squares.  Actually it was such a good sale I got 2 stacks.  I cut them with my half rectangle die.  If you cut all of your fabric face up you only have triangles facing one way.






Since there are usually 2 pieces of each fabric in the stack I cut half of them face up and the other half face down so I got rights and lefts.  I have only cut one stack so far and haven't sewn all of the pieces yet.  I decided to search the internet to see if any of the light fabrics are still available and I was able to find 3 at a good price.  I will be adding in more all light diamonds when the fabric gets here.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Love that fabric in the partial diamonds piece--I have never come across it anywhere--if I do in my fabric "window shopping" I will let you know.
Your top pastel sqs piece is really lovely--you are moving right along with these...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great pastel blocks- play so nice together. I love half square rectangles, but always get confused cutting and piecing them. What you have so far is lovely.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that die is one I have found I need to be careful with or I end up with some facing the wrong way - live and learn! lovely fabric I like it shaping the diamonds

patty a. said...

Those fabrics as so pretty!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The sixteen patch coloring is soothing and so spring-y - I really really like it! And the half rectangle project has enormous potential (and yes, I know about the half RSU and half WSU - learned the hard way and actually wrote it on the side of my die to make sure I don't do it again)

Needled Mom said...

Such pretty eye candy. I love the fabrics in those half rectangle blocks.

Kristin said...

I love those fabrics!

sewyouquilt2 said...

So so I pretty

Anonymous said...

Really helpful advice about cutting the triangles. When I was in high school, many years ago, I was cutting sleeves for a dress I was making. I needed to open up the fabric and cut each sleeve individually because there wasn't enough fabric to cut both at same time with fabric folded. I'm sure you can guess by now, I cut two left sleeves. Luckily, there was enough fabric to cut the right sleeve after I realized my error.
deb

Kathy said...

This is so enchanting, with lots of possibilities. How about sideways like Lynne Tyler at https://patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com/?

JJM said...

Moving on from your 16 patch to your triangles is yet another lovely piece. You keep all of us entertained with every post.

JJM