Tuesday, March 8, 2022

7 strip sets for 16 patch


I spent the whole morning cutting batting while doing laundry.  I have a new 30 yard roll of batting.  I have cut 4 pieces off for medium to large quilts and the roll still looks the same size.  It is compressed in the plastic wrapper when it comes and it starts relaxing when I release it.  Now I just need to get up the ambition to quilt the quilts.  Three of the quilts are made with Kaffe fabrics and are from 2018, 2020, and 2021.

Last night I sewed four more strip sets (stratas) for the spring pastel 16 patch.  I need to find one more set of strips to be able to make 80 blocks.

We woke up to snow yesterday morning but it melted off all hard surfaces by days end and half melted on the grass.  More snow coming Thursday afternoon into Friday, maybe 3".  It will melt next Monday if it isn't gone already by then.  

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Man, that is a lot of work to get the batting cut and ready--and many quilts to layer...take your time and don't hurt yourself, friend...;)))

It is 40 degrees here and windy with darkening skies--we had a bit of windblown rain last night--I could hear it hitting our windows--I think we are not through with Winter just yet...these few days have just been a "tease".
Take care--hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

working with such a large roll of batting would be a bit of a struggle I would think. I have no place to keep one I briefly thought of it once but then decided to stick with the packages which works well when one hand quilts and doesn't have a large studio to work in

patty a. said...

Wrestling a roll of batting is a chore for sure! The new strip sets are very pretty! I saw a few flakes of snow on my way to work this morning, but they have gone away and it is dry out. There was lots of flooding around here with all that rain that came down the other day.

Sewing Junkie said...

The subtle colors are delicious. Anxious to see where this goes.

Dee W said...

My friend is a longarmer. The company she bought her long arm from has an annual open house, food, specials, just a fun time! We usually go, she buys 2 rolls of batting that fit well in my big vehicle. We usually come home wiht thread and assorted other things. She has rigged up a rack to hold her batting and it works really well.

Marie said...

What is your preferred batting?