Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This and That

My homecoming/reunion flower is on its last day. If I post another butterfly picture maybe I won't feel so cold this morning. It's in the 40's here this morning. The sun is shining so I hope we get up to at least 60 degrees today.
Last night I quilted the collaborative project that Julie and I are doing. She has been donating little 9" x 12" quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative for quite awhile. I sent her some blocks I didn't need (green prints) and she cut them up to use for the background in her Priority Hope Challenge hosted by Tonya. If you click on either link (Julie or Tonya) they both have the link to the challenge page if you want to participate.

It will be back in the mail to Julie today so she can finish it.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks, Wanda ~ can't wait to get the binding on and register this one! Love doing these collaborative Priority Quilts!!

Unknown said...

It has been getting cooler here too. It was definitely bound to happen. Love the collaborative quilts you are doing!

Cathi said...

Definitely cool here and the heat is on -- I guess now till April. :-( I was hoping we'd get well into October before needing to put it on, but ...
The butterfly picture is, yet again, amazing. The little quilt is wonderful!

Stephanie D said...

Another wonderful butterfly photo! Just can't stand it--too gloriously beautiful!

Sharon said...

Love the butterfly picture. What intense colors! And how cool that you and Julie are collaborating! Are you going to try some free-pieced letters too? *grin*
Your weather is cooler than ours right now, but we're definitely headed that way. Will be here in a day or 2. Ugh.