Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Will it ever be finished?

This is one of the pieces that I started in some down time during a week long workshop at QSDS in Columbus, Ohio in 2002. I ran across it again this morning while moving some things. The quarter inch wide strips are just pinned onto the surface and I hope they were rustproof pins. You can see the strips are bending from so many foldings and being put back into the UFO box many times. I think I will leave it up on the design wall and see if inspiration hits.

By the time the art quilters left yesterday we had a few snow pellets in the air. This morning it was 26 degrees at 7 a.m. That is the hardest frost we have had so far but the hostas are still standing, even though they are all yellow now. By Thurs. we are supposed to have 60 degree weather again, a second chance to get out and clean up the yard, since last week was spent on cleaning the house for 2 sets of company.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the looks of this,finsh it.Wig.

Rebel said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I don't know what else you can do with it... but it's awesome as is.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Do you remember how you were planning to incorporate the very narrow strips? Insertion? Love this little gem - hope you finish it and share the results with us! (we had our first frost this morning...)

Anonymous said...

What a fun piece to study and to be inspired by. As always colors are true to your "Exuberant Color". I like the 'whimsy' of the quarter inch strips. Assuming you will straight stitch down the center of each strip ?

J~MT

Stephanie D said...

Hope you finish this little jewel--I really like it!

Vicky F said...

Wanda,
All I can say is "Scary sky thru slats"
What a visual.
Vicky F

jovaliquilts said...

It looks like a garden with a spring storm heading in. I hope inspiration does strike, because I want to see where you go with this!

TB said...

This piece has good beginnings, I even like the crooked lines from the years of being folded. I hope that it inspires you to finish it.