Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cut 'em up

I couldn't help myself, I cut up 2 of the strip sets I showed yesterday, sewed together the leftovers and cut more. I have no idea how far I'll go with this one but I do like it. Phyllis, you asked me yesterday in your comment how wide I cut the strips for these sets. If you look closely you will see that they are wonky strips. They are the clean up cuts when I start cutting my batiks. Some of them may seem like an even width from one end to the other, but most aren't.
I like most of them to be less than 2" wide at the widest end, but now and then I will throw in a little wider one.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you squared them up! They look beautiful!

Cathi said...

Oh, wow -- I really, really like the blocks you're making from those cut up strip sets!!

Candy Schultz said...

Oh I like that also.

Laura Wasilowski said...

Can't wait to see the final product. Do you ever stop quilting?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your response,Wanda. As always, love your entry.
Phyllis

hetty said...

Oh! I love them. Can't wait to see what you make with them!

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO love the way they all play together...

Anonymous said...

I like what you created also... Your "wonky" strips, end up with such pizazz.

We had ONE whole day of what felt like Indian Summer(70 degrees)with warm sun ... Back to a cloudy sky with misty rain today with a high of 48.

J~MT

Stephanie D said...

Looking good; I love string quilts!

Wanda said...

The colors are wonderful. Isn't it amazing how so many unrelated things come together and...relate?!