Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Procrastinating

I have company coming tomorrow, the girls I used to work with at the quilt shop, and my art quilters are coming Monday. I should be cleaning. I am avoiding it. I want to have fun.

I changed the blocks from yesterday and the day before into a different arrangement before I picked them up.
And last night, kidding myself that I was cleaning off my sewing cabinet, I started piecing little bits together.
I don't know if you use little scraps, but when you think you are using up all of the little pieces, you end up creating more of them with the pieces you cut off. SO........I still have a mess on the sewing cabinet.

10 comments:

Lucie said...

Your are so inspiring first thing in the morning. And now I am a groupie.

Elsie Montgomery said...

What fun. My scrap bag takes on a whole new meaning... and I like those diagonal stripes. This is a nice variation from the usual ways of putting these strip-pieced blocks together.

ThreeWhiteRoses said...

I can SO relate to this posting.... yes, I like small pieces but YES, they multiply like crazy... and I would MUCH rather play with fabric than "clean" anything :-)

Unknown said...

What you have done is so much better and more fun than cleaning! Hands down!! Even though you sort of created a new little mess, you have taken care of an old one. Your new one is lovely!

Julie Bagamary said...

Oh Yes, I like the little pieces too.

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
I like the results of your "playing". Definitely makes me re-think "scraps".
At what point to you consider a crumb of fabric too little to use? When it is one-quarter inch or less?
Or would the fabric artists amongst us just glue those pieces down and stipple over them to make art?
Vicky F

Anonymous said...

Amazing how those blocks can change from day to day. Much fun to see.

Love your bits and pieces... I feel so guilty for throwing away bigger scraps than what you have sewn together.

J~MT

Wanda said...

I don't think I'll ever throw a scrap away again! Inspiring! And don't worry about the cleaning!

Sharon said...

One good thing about quilters coming over to your house is that most of them would rather be sewing than cleaning too! Makes them more forgiving. Hee hee!

Love your scrap play. It's just eye candy! It makes me want to go rummage in the scrap bag and play too. Yep, it sure does make more of a mess. And the scraps get littler and littler, but never go away, somehow. Why???

meggie said...

Any procrastination I ever did, never had such great results as yours!!