Monday, October 13, 2008

Second post today

I wanted to get permission from J-MT before I posted this picture and she OKed it. She sent it to me yesterday. This is the Montana weather that is coming our way, but luckily we won't get quite this cold. Isn't this a beautiful picture of the last roses of the season? Also Mary-Kay asked me "Do batiks from the 90's look dated or do they look just like today's batiks?". I feel that they were much grayer at that time, rarely having any bright colors in them. The one exception to that is the blues. They have always been fairly bright. Even though you can still buy ones that look similar to the 90's ones, more of them are in the brighter range. The brighter ones were available after 1998 if I remember right. I will have to be very careful when choosing out of my newer batiks to finish the project I showed yesterday so that the old ones won't look too dull.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Snow... yikes!!

Cathi said...

Roses and snow in the same picture just seems so wrong!! That siad, it is a spectacular photo.

jovaliquilts said...

Great photo!

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a marvelous juxtaposition ~ aging roses and newfalling snow... thank you for sharing this!

Julie Bagamary said...

Thanks for the info on older batiks. I showed someone a piece with older batiks and they knew right away.

Vicky F said...

Very beautiful, but sobering, photo. "The Ghost of Winter Future".
Vicky F

meggie said...

I felt a sadness at the sight of the pretty rose, being snowed upon.

TB said...

This photo is just beautiful! I'm glad that you were granted permission to post it.