Monday, October 13, 2008

All of a sudden there is color

It seems like the trees have all decided it is time to change colors. Yesterday I saw some really pretty trees and wished I had taken my camera. This is the view out my front door. This one is looking north a bit.
And this one is the redbud tree right outside my front door. The view out my back windows is the all yellow redbud trees. They will lose their leaves fast.
This is all the sewing I got done over the weekend, the preemie layettes. Our church sewing circle is today and I had taken these pieces home last time to do the serging around the edges and add the ribbed neckbands.
It's a little gloomy out this morning however they predicted another hot day.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful fall colors, I just came from Eileen's blog...Eileen's Attic and she also had some wonderful fall pictures! Gorgeous color. I love the little layettes, what a wonderful project.

Julie Bagamary said...

The layettes are great and will be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Just enjoy seeing the fall colors and the trees you have in the midwest have such glorious color.

Parents who have a preemie baby, appreciate those layettes so very much. And those you have shown us look so warm and cozy. Another 'Wandaful' project you have completed.

J~MT

KateKwiltz said...

How does that happen so fast? I went away for the weekend and they were green, and when I came home, all the trees across the street from my house were bright yellow!

jovaliquilts said...

We took a walk Saturday morning and saw some color, but Sunday morning, wow!! There was color everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, I'm J-MT's daughter Jina. Aren't Mom's roses stunning? :) Just wanted to tell you how heartwarming it is for a mother to receive beautiful preemie clothing in the hospital.
When our baby daughter was born a year ago, we tried to prepare for her predicted smaller size, and not even store-bought fit when she was born, except the very tiny home made layette items donated to the NICU. For us, having lost Sabine, those tiny clothes hold such beautiful memories - they mean more than you might imagine. Please share this with your church group - your work means much more than many mothers have time to let you know. :) ~Jina Tison

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
The trees in my yard did the same. It's as if they listened to the weather forecaster that this week is supposed to be "peak" color, and they turned in 2 days.
Your service project is very sweet.
Vicky F

meggie said...

Your trees are lovely.

Stephanie D said...

The trees here are turning daily; my pup and I had to go out and take pictures ourself yesterday. The weather is staying warm and sunny right now, perfect weather for enjoying the colors! Don't you just love those beautiful yellow leaves against that dark bark? So striking!