Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nature and strips

The painted ladies seem to be gone. I guess they don't like our colder nights and cool days. The yellow butterflies are still here though. And the bees, there are so many of them. Here a bee and butterfly fight over the same flower.
I made this strip set last night.
Then I checked to see if two 4"x6" postcards would fit on it.
I just folded the edges back to see how they would look. Number one and
number 2. I don't know if I will use it for that; I am just playing at this point.
I got a phone call just as I was starting this post, a cousin wanting to talk about the family reunion. I know the time it says I posted is the time I actually started it, not when it is posted.


The entry on Sept. 19th in the 2008 Farmers Almanac engagement calendar says "If you draw squares or rectangles when you doodle, it indicates an organized and efficient mind". Now I do draw squares and rectangles most of the time, so do I have a partly organized and efficient mind?

6 comments:

Joyce said...

The post cards look great.
I must not be organized at all because I rarely doodle squares or rectangles.

Unknown said...

The butterfly and the bee are gorgeous and so are your strips! I doodle with both rectangle, squares...and swirly type shapes. I wonder what that means.

Lynda said...

I'm sure you have an organised mind, or maybe like me, you're usually doodling quilt blocks!

Sharon said...

Does sewing squares and rectangles (strips) randomly count as doodling?? I don't know how organized you are, but you're certainly creative! And I think that's even better.

Cathi said...

Gorgeous strip set -- and I love the postcards.
The yellow butterflies are so pretty. Do you have a lot of wasps there? That's what we seem to have in spades right now -- tons and tons of wasps, and they're all sort of angry.

Anonymous said...

YES you have a very organized mind ! Take my word for it. Good night you put the rest of us too shame.

Strips ~ what a treat to see how strips of various widths and rythmns ~ then cut on an angle ~ turned into such beauty.

J~MT