Friday, October 31, 2008

More progress

I have the water quilting done, now I have the green area to go and I will be done. I think it will be leaves since they are easy to do. A few more baskets and double 4 patches. I'm not sure I like the green with the directional print. That may have to go into a different quilt.
I cut down most of the peonies yesterday. It is supposed to be even warmer today, maybe get close to 70 degrees so I will go out and do a little more clean up. My neighbors have raspberry bushes so I always have a couple volunteer shoots coming up under a tree in my garden. I dug them out yesterday too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, i don't really care for the green, it stands out a little to much.Wig.

jovaliquilts said...

Isn't it great to have nice weather on Halloween? I hate it when it rains that day!

hetty said...

I kind of like the green fabric with the directional print. It adds interest.

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Lookin' good.
Maybe once you add more blocks with darker backgrounds the directional greens stand out as much.
Vicky F

Vicky F said...

Whoops,
I meant the directional greens WON'T stand out as much.
Vicky F

floribunda said...

I think the block with the really dark green background stands out more... are you going to have any more like that one to balance it out?
I'm neutral on the ones with the directional print!

Unknown said...

Your quilting looks fabulous and the basket blocks look great! I can't believe you are having 70 degree weather. I can only wish!!

Vicki W said...

Your quilting looks great and I agree about the green - it stands out too much. But you knew that already. :)

Cathi said...

The weatherh ere is unbelievably mild too. Love it. The longer we go without cold the better!
That basket quilt is going to be stunning. I wouldn't decide yet on the green directional print -- maybe something else you'll use will balance it.

TB said...

The nature quilt is so beautiful. When someone else does a quilt with color and b&w, I'm reminded of how much I like the combination. I'm not sure why I've never tried it! Your basket quilt is about the nicest one I've seen.