Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cable guys temp fix

A friend emailed me and said she was picturing a cable from a pole laying on my grass. Well she was right on. The main box is across the street so the line goes up the pole on that side, across the road and down the pole on my side, then across the grass
and across my sidewalk. I have put a door mat over the cable on the sidewalk so I hope nobody trips over it. AND I haven't had an interruption in my internet service since they ran this cable.


The sun is shining but it is cold out. My heat came on this morning before I left to get my hair cut at 8 a.m.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Unbelievable! Truly!

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely job... (those cable guys will never cease to amaze me!)

Your weather is headed my way... :o)

Anonymous said...

I sure hope the cable company does not let that cable lay there all winter. We never know what these yoyo's are thinking. Would they put up with that if it were their personal service ?

J~MT

p.s. maybe e-mail one of the corporate heads the photo's you shared with us today.

meggie said...

I think that would be illegal here. I suppose maybe it is at your place also, but I guess it is true what they say, about people getting away with the maximum they can!

The pole outside our house is so rotten we keep waiting for it to fall! I suspect they are waiting for the road to be widened & curbed!

Julie in the Barn said...

I'm having a hard time not laughing. It's one of those "they can send a man to the moon but...." moments. At least they did make sure you have service. I guess that deserves some points.

I've been having so much fun using the wonderful colorful scraps I received from your givaway last summer. I've used a bunch already!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Our cable company did a temporary fix on our cable when my husband insisted. The temporary fix was done over 10 years ago! Hope yours is properly done before then.
Ours is in the air.
K

Chris Daly said...

What a hoot! Thanks for the laugh.

Wanda said...

This is horrible!!!! OK..yes, I laughed because it is so unthinkable that this is a professional job! But wow...I'm absolutely sure it is illegal MOST places!!!!