Friday, October 3, 2008

cutting strips

Last night I was doing clean up cuts on some batiks and then cutting my regular variety of strips for my bins. Here are the 2 bins of 1.5" batik strips, double layer in both boxes. Every time I open these boxes I want to start another log cabin quilt. This is that LAST painted lady photo that I took a few days ago. I love the spiky flowers in the lower left portion.
Yesterday there was a different butterfly, smaller than the yellow ones.
I wanted one more picture of the 2 colors of asters together. I saw a lot of volunteer plants along the edge of the garden by the sidewalk but I wasn't sure if they were balloon flowers until yesterday. I think it will get warm enough today for it to open.
They are promising us some 70 degree temperatures all next week. I'm glad because I'm not ready to pay a heating bill yet.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

The bins of strips are like a candy store to me!

The Calico Cat said...

Those tubs are inspiring!

Diane said...

It is wonderful seeing you "stop to smell the flowers," Wanda. You are finding beauty in the tiniest of things ~ things that can only be seen if you are slow and still and quiet.

Unknown said...

Those strips look great to start at quilt with at any time. I have already had to turn the heat on in our home. It has gotten very chilly at night time, and has stayed cool in our home during the day.

Joyce said...

That's a lot of cutting. I'm sure something wonderful will come of it.

Cathi said...

The bins full of strips look like a quilter's candy store! They're inspiring just by themselves!