Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Strips and nature's colors

I had some more playtime yesterday. I'm still making the blue green mixture. All green will be next. I finished sewing the last short blue strips too. In this picture I also have the green and blue mix. These are the plants that are pretty invasive in a mixture garden, but since the butterflies like them, I won't dig them all out.
The sun is shining but it is cold in the house this morning. I am not turning the heat on yet though. I will use little electric heaters in the room I am in if necessary. My electric bill is very reasonable compared to my natural gas bill.

A couple people have asked me if I am going to print my butterfly photos on fabric, and the answer is yes. I have quite a few nature photos that I would like to have in a wallhanging to enjoy all year round.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your strips are coming along nicely! I love the newest picture of the butterfly and can't wait to see it on fabric.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Love looking at your work everyday and your other posts. they are all very beautiful. Love the pics of flowers and butterflies-you are very talented! On your bow-tie quilt, what sizes are the 2 blocks? Thankyou for my enjoyment everyday! Mary Gerjets email-marygerjets@yahoo.com

Pattie said...

Hi Wanda -

I think today’s photo of the butterfly is one of your best yet. The gold and blue are so beautiful together! I can’t wait to see what it looks like on fabric.

What an eye you have!

Kristin L said...

I hope the butterflies get mixed in with the strips -- teh colors are gorgeous together.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a perfectly wonderful idea to blend those incredible photos with your batiks... amazing opportunity there!

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
It's amazing how those strips of lime green really zing up the blues.
Looking forward to what you are cooking up with the strips and the butterflies.
Vicky F

TB said...

I love the colors of these strips and they do invoke the feeling of nature. How wide are these strips? More than 1 inch? Thanks!

Cathi said...

Love the colours!!
We turned the heat on last night. It was chilly and damp and there comes a point when even I give in. Not happily, but I give in.

meggie said...

The blue & the green, with the orange & brown of the butterfly is lovely.
We are thinking about getting the fans out for the hot patches, here.