Monday, September 8, 2008

Last day of the fair, Hurray!!

Yesterday was the last day of the fair. I was so exhausted by yesterday afternoon that I wondered if I would ever get my energy back. It's amazing what a good night of sleep with 50 degree air coming in the window can do.

Remember the quilt with the pointed edges? This was my intention of how it would be used at the fair.
The next 2 pictures are the grand prize winners in the quilt department. In the beginning there was just one grand prize winner and now there are grand prizes for lots of different categories.
The judging is done on the quality of work and there are catagories for quilts quilted by a person other than the maker of the top. Otherwise all work is supposed to be done by the exhibitor. The quilt judge is a quilter herself so she knows what to look for.
This is one of the displays I walked by on the way to the commercial building.
Now it is back to real life, sewing circle at church today, computer class tomorrow, Mother's chiropractor appointment on Wed., and by Thursday I think I have a day to relax.
Check out Vicki's blog to see the last of the QOV tops I sent her now quilted and ready to be delivered.

7 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

OOOOH I like that fair quilt that sort of have a Shary Craig setting... (& I am not into samplers.)

I guess they now need to have a great grand champion.

Joyce said...

I'm amazed at how many quilts you get for display at your fair. They are very nice.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your photos show what a county fair SHOULD look like... hopefully the new fair in town here will grow up quickly ... thanks for sharing your photos (and I still love that pointy edge quilt!)

meggie said...

Your quilt looks perfect for display.
What a lot of lovely quilts to enjoy!

Cathi said...

Thank you for taking us all to the fair with you!! What a treat that must be to see all those lovely quilts!

jovaliquilts said...

Perfect way to use that pointy-edged quilt! Looks great.

Sue said...

That's cool that they'll hold up the quilts for you to see if you request it. Ours are in little booths with chicken fence in front so it's a little difficult to get a good look at them. So many beautiful quilts!