Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What happens when........

I had this quilt top on my design wall to show to my art quilters since I finished the borders since I had seen them last. One of the ladies hadn't been able to come for several months and had never seen "My current favorite" that is on the right side panel of my blog.I got it out and showed it to her and then because I didn't know where else to put it right then I hung it over the top of the above quilt. Quite interesting!! So where do ideas come from???? Accidents like this!! I would never have dreamed they would look good together but now I have a whole new batch if ideas brewing. Before they left I took all of the little strippies I have been making and added the ones from a couple years ago and put them on the design wall to see how they would look.
I'm off to get my haircut and then the annual visit to the eye dr. 45 degrees this morning.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my how wonderful all of the quilt tops are, just unbelievable! You are right sometimes ideas come from the strangest set of circumstances. I love how your stippies is turning out.

Rebel said...

Ooooh - yeah, I do like how those colors go together. crazy how that works out!

Stephanie D said...

Something like "the fire within", isn't it? What a serendipity that was! Love the colors together.

Vicki W said...

Wow, there's all kinds of brilliance going on in your house this week!

Cathi said...

Those colours really work together -- love the effect! It's 55 here but we're supposed to have a nice warm week after today.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have loved your work for a long while now ~ today's post reinforces WHY I love what you do...

LOVE the combination of colors and REALLY LOVE the evolving strippy piece!

Anonymous said...

'Strippies' have grown into such a happy piece. As usual your work takes my breath away.

J~MT

Kristin L said...

The warm/cool colors combo does look great! Will we be seeing some cool colored strippies now?!?

Paula, the quilter said...

I think that the 'new' serendipitous layout leaves the 'old' black&white one in the dust. It is much more vibrant!

Michael5000 said...

Niiiiiice conjunction. Thanks for sharing the idea fodder!

Diane said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the strippies!!!!!!!!!!!

jacquie said...

spectacular! love the strippies too. i would love to do one like this someday!

Wanda said...

This is so incredibly cool! I never even thought about doing something like this! You are a teacher even in your blog! Thanks for that!