Monday, September 29, 2008

Unwind time

Last night I could finally unwind a little and started sewing green strips. I'm adding a little blue and turquoise in on the first sets as the transition from blue to green. In the background is this quilt that is partially quilted and waiting patiently on the table for me.





Here are 2 shots I took at the same location of flowers, the first with the butterfly and
the other with the bees. They kept changing positions with each other.
Then this one landed on the sidewalk a couple feet away from me, as if to say, Ok get it out of your system and take my picture and then leave us alone. If you click on it you will see that he looks like he is looking at me.
It is raining here this morning and we need the rain. While I was eating breakfast my cousin (son of the aunt that passed away) called to tell me that as they were walking in the door at their home in southern IL Saturday the phone was ringing, and it was to tell them that his wife's father passed away Saturday, exactly a week after his mother's death. Their kids had headed home to 3 other states and now will be returning for another grandparent's funeral.

10 comments:

Cathi said...

Your photography really is incredible! I keep looking at the butterflies and can't help but think they look like their bodies are so much more substantial than they seem.

Lucie said...

Love the butterfly and bee photos, they are quite stunning.

Vicki W said...

I think you are due some unwinding time! The photos are great as always and it does look like the butterfly in the last photo is looking right at you.
Your poor cousin and his family. There are some people that are going to need some serious unwinding time soon.

Unknown said...

I love what you are doing with the colors in the quilt. And the pictures of the butterflies and flowers are stunning.
I am sorry to hear about what your cousin is going through. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Wonderful color. You are making me look at my world with eyes that are wider open.

Prayers for your cousin and family. We are also praying for a family we know... 14-year-old daughter was murdered on Saturday while going for a walk before supper. Her dad is a pastor and while they know she is home with the Lord, yet their grief I cannot imagine.

Wanda, your colorful posts continue to add bright spots to my day.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lovely photos. So sorry for the cousin.

meggie said...

Not only talented with quilts, but those photographs are truly amazing. I love the closeup of the butterfly on the path. He/she does look as if s/he is looking at you!

Pat said...

More lovely photos!
Sorry to hear about another death in your extended family....and also about the murder of another poster's pastor's daughter. I, also, cannot imagine the grief of that family to have a child lost in such a violent manner.

Anonymous said...

That butterfly purposely posed for you I think. They have become accustom to your presence and know you are enjoying their autumn dance.

As always I enjoy your daily posts, even if it is late late at night.

J~MT

Anonymous said...

Wow! i am guessing that you love nature! i love your blog!