Thursday, September 4, 2008

Project at work

Here is the project I will start today at work if I have time. I have pulled this bunch of fabrics, with the one on the left being the lining. They will be cut into 2.5" strips for the outside of the purse.
The snapdragon in the crack between my sidewalk and front steps is thriving.
This is one of my favorite coral bell plants. Some years it has both purple and green leaves but his year it has green with pink edges. I love the dainty flowers on this one.
I had one more butterfly picture so I hope you aren't too tired of looking at them. Click on it to enlarge it. I think this will be my desktop background image for awhile. Added later: I meant to mention that my new camera has an Image Stabilizer built in for when you are using the telephoto lens. That helps me to be steady for these pictures.
Today is rainy and cold. I may not get out to the fair until I work out there on Sunday. I will take my camera though and get pictures when I get a break.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fabrics you've chosen are gorgeous! Thank you for all the butterfly photos, too.

I hope the fair doesn't get washed away with all the rain we're having. Those fairgrounds can turn into a mud pit pretty darn quick.

Can't wait to see what you do with the fabrics.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Beautiful fabric choices - this will be a stunning bag. blessings, marlene

Joyce said...

I love your fabric choices. Very Oriental.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Yummy fabrics. And the photos are lessons in looking and in taking pictures. You are a teacher - even when taking pictures!

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda,Have enjoyed the butterfly pics
all week.Thanks! No Fair for us today,pretty
wet.Maybe tomorrow. jmh

Elaine Adair said...

I think your eyes must see things better than my eyes. Those fabrics are out-of-this-world gorgeous!

... as well as your photo subjects.

Jeanne said...

Love your flowers. I have a coral bell just like that one! It has such a dainty look.