Tuesday, September 9, 2008

View from the kitchen window

While I was eating breakfast I saw the sun shining through the trees and illuminating my 2 hanging baskets in the back yard. They are lush and full after all of that rain. We had 3" of rain last Thursday and then it rained all day yesterday. I am enjoying the hostas in their last good days. They are starting to turn yellow in a few places. I just transplanted the left one of the 3 closest ones. The one in the middle has the prettiest flowers of all of my varieties. Since the hostas are really known for their leaves, the flowers are almost an afterthought on most.
Here is another sample I made for the store about 5 years ago. It is a Deb Strain package of machine embroidery and I made all of it with batiks instead of the country type fabrics she is known for. There is Velcro on the top of the picture panel and the month name panels and the individual numbers.
Since I was there at the store on the first work day in Sept. I had to do the changing of the month.

I am off to teach my computer class this morning and then I can get back to some sewing.

4 comments:

Cathi said...

That monthly calendar is a great idea!
We had a lot of rain overnight but today is sunny and bright. :-)

TB said...

Wonderful sun/shadow shot you caught there!

Anonymous said...

You captured the late summer light beautifully.

Wow. I thought when you were going to computer class, you were taking a class, not teaching it. You keep very busy, it sounds.

Vicky F

meggie said...

It does seem odd to think we are going into our summer, while you are having your Autumn days.