Monday, September 1, 2008

Camera

Several people have asked about my camera.

This is the camera I purchased in May. It is the Canon PowerShot S5IS. It is an advanced point and shoot digital with the shoe on top for an additional flash that you can purchase. It has a fold up flash otherwise. It is 8.0 megapixels compared to my old camera with 4.0 megapixels. This camera will take good telephoto shots from my back windows overlooking the shade garden. I was standing 2-3 feet from the butterflies in the previous post and used the zoom/telephoto lens.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing that, I'm in the market for a new camera and there are so many choices. My daughter recommended Canon Powershots, but there are so many models and options. After your recommendation, I've been comparing the S5IS to the A720, which doesn't have as much zoom, but is smaller and lighter. Decisions, decisions!

Cathi said...

You got amazing shots with that camera! I still can't get over that butterfly beak.
We've been thinking about getting a digital SLR but sure looks like this takes really really good close-ups!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Thanks for the info...we've been looking at cameras lately so it is always interesting to hear and see what other people have.