Thursday, September 18, 2008

Morning routine

When I retired from my job, I didn't have a routine any more. Now that I am blogging I do again. Some people have asked me why I blog every day, and isn't it an inconvenience. My answer is no, it is part of my morning routine, which I needed again.

The morning starts with my shower and dressing, then breakfast, the same thing every single day. Here is my breakfast smoothie before mixing....
being mixed.......
and ready to drink with my vitamins and supplements and Cheerios. I end my breakfast with a handful of cashews. One of my supplements is absorbed better with food with fat in it. I also found out later that cashews are a good source of zinc and I haven't had a cold for 5 and a half years so I guess it works.
Then I am ready to go to my blog and post some photos. I love photos, don't you? Below is my messy work space last night when I was ready to turn off the lights.
Below are 2 more embroideries. I took this photo with the macro setting and I don't like the way it distorts the grain of the fabric. It didn't look this way in my photo software. I do like the rose and the calla lily though.
Today is my mother's eye appt. at the IL Retinal Clinic about 25 miles from here. We will eat at Baker's Square before the appointment to use up some gift cards they got for Christmas. I hope there is enough money for a piece of pie to bring home......

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am grateful that you have made blogging part of your morning routine.

My morning routine wouldn't be complete without reading it. I always feel happy after I read it and I love all the photos, too.

Anonymous said...

Love the color of that smoothie!! Also the colors of the embroideries, fabric and thread.

And a messy work area always means to me that creativity was thriving--

Happy good morning, Wanda!

Mary G.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

You have to tell us what is in your smoothie. It looks wonderful once mixed, but before.....?

Unknown said...

Morning routines are great even if you aren't retired. Your smoothie looks yummy!! I just love the "mess" by your machine. I hope all goes well with mom at the eye doctor.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love, the photo's.

And the short stories that go along with them.

And the tutorials you share with us are always amazing.

I like the rose and calla lily embroidery. And for you to show how the patterns worked on that fabric,
is great...Martha Stewart would not do that. It helps us to see how embroidery reacts on all fabrics.

J~MT

imquilternity said...

I do agree with you that routine is very important. Reading your blog is also part of my daily routine and although I don't always comment, I always appreciate the time you've taken to share your beautiful photos and experiences.

Vicki W said...

I am a person that needs routine too. I enjoy a lot of benefits of blogging but keeping me on track and motivated is a huge benefit. I also like checking in with my blog friends every day.

Anonymous said...

I try to make reading your blog a part of each day. Love the pictures. I hope your Bakers square cert. get used up. We have and unpleasant surprise when we went to out So. Elgin bakers square and it was closed and sign gone. The Algonquin store is also closed. Hope you had good luck.
Roberta

Barb said...

I've always absolutely loved your blog. Your work is incredible and your colors are so inspirational. What astounded me was that you were old enough to be retired. You have the energy of a youngster! I keep telling myself that when I can retire (in 5 years or so) I'll get lots more done, but I don't think I'll ever catch up with you. (And certainly not in talent!)

meggie said...

Good luck for your mother.
Love the embroideries. I should get into a routine, but never have managed!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Have you ever figured out about how many calories is in that smoothie?

And how many onces is in that serving cup? And do you have lunch then after that breakfast?

I'm sure you guessed who is asking this question. (*._,*)

Hope your day went well with your mom...

Cathi said...

Love the colour of your smoothie -- but I too wonder what all is in it.
As soon as I get to the computer with coffee in hand in the morning, I look to see if you've posted yet. Your posts are always inspiring and all the marvelous colours you work with and show make for a great visit. Lately the flower and butterfly photos have been fantastic!

Julie Bagamary said...

It has been challenging to me to redo my routine as my kids have left the nest. It's a process and blogging daily helps me also. Thanks for sharing.

Val said...

Thanks for the tip on the cashews. I need zinc! And like several other writers I too would like to know what is in your breakfast smoothie. It looks delish. My breakfast smoothie consists of avocado, apples, spinach, cucumber and celery and odd as it sounds it tastes wonderful.

Betty J in OKC said...

I also read your blog as part of my am routine after I get Mom up, dressed, fed, then do myself. I read the blogs as I eat breakfast. I admire your use of colors and fabrics. I wish my sewing area was as neat as your old studio pics. Remember that a messy sewing area shows WIPs (Works In Progress) and that's a GREAT thing. ROFL!