Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Basting away

I finally got back to my basting table and did this little baby quilt. I was going to baste it 2 weeks ago but couldn't find the baby designed batik that I wanted on the back. As I was pulling my blue batiks for my strip piecing, I found it. For some reason I remembered it with a pink background so I was looking in the wrong pile. There weren't very many baby batiks made by Hoffman but I have 2 of them.
I made some more progress on my blue strip piecing but I haven't taken any pictures yet. It is another beautiful day, cool morning and sunshine with expected 80 degree temperatures again today. I should go out for a walk......

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely backing! Definitely go for the walk, I did that yesterday. It was great getting some fresh air.

Elsie Montgomery said...

This has to be the best time of the year... cool nights, sunny days, and lots of color inspiration!

Love this quilt and that backing. Be sure to post a photo showing us how you quilt it!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

This one is so lovely. I have some of that baby batik, too. It is the perfect backing for this quilt.

Anonymous said...

For a sweet baby no doubt, and a wonderful treasure for sure. I had never seen a 'baby batik' print before. Perfect backing complimenting the perfect top.

Our weather has been the same but not as warm this week. We sent you those 80 degree temps, which we had last week.

J~MT

Candy Schultz said...

That is lovely. Do you hand baste?

Cathi said...

That is so pretty! Wonderfully colourful. It was warm here today too -- but they're saying that may have been the end of the really warm temps for us. :-(

meggie said...

Lovely baby quilt.
Enjoy your walk, if you go.

Purple Pam said...

The baby quilt is great, but the backing is wonderful! I have a small piece (a yard I think) of that fabric. I absolutely adore it. I have not used it in a quilt because I like it so much I don't want to part with it!

Lynda said...

That baby batik is gorgeous! I have never seen any fabric like that before.