Friday, September 26, 2008

Busy days

Today is the visitation and funeral for my aunt. My cousin and his wife stopped on their way through town yesterday for a few minutes. While I was waiting for them, I snapped a few more butterfly pictures. I have 2 colors of asters and a little volunteer baby goldenrod appeared there this year.
The butterflies and bees have given up on the seedum and are feeding exclusively on the asters.
There are a lot more buds to open so the butterflies should be around for awhile.

My class reunion (50th) and alumni tea are tomorrow. I just got word that parking will be at a premium because the main street of town is under construction and the parade* route will be in an area where I normally could have parked. I guess I will wear my walking shoes.

*homecoming parade

9 comments:

Sequana said...

Wow! they're having a parade for your reunion! *S*

Do you guys all get to march? Or sit in chairs while someone pushes?

Elaine Adair said...

You are also extremely gifted with your garden and your photography! Thanks for the eye candy, and lovely foliage. 8-)

Elsie Montgomery said...

That first photo made me exclaim out loud - wow - those colors are wonderful, never mind the beauty of the flora and fauna. I'd love to make a blue-purple and orange quilt with gray and black and white!

Unknown said...

Wanda, I have those same pink asters and they make my heart sing. Wonderful photo of the butterfly on them. I hope you have a wonderful time at your reunion! Enjoy!

meggie said...

Beautiful photos of your wonderful Asters, & the pretty butterflies.
Your garden must look a picture at present.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Exquisite photography...

Enjoy your reunion (parade and all ~ hope you get some photos to share!)

Pat said...

GOSH...your photos are SOOOO beautiful. Thanks for sharing them!

Sharon said...

I love that first picture - it's stunning! Great photography and great colors! Just beautiful.
Have fun at your reunion!

Micki said...

Your photos are wonderful! I will have to make a wall hanging of one of your photos, if you don't mind using my embellisher...I just can't resist! You are very talented!
Micki
In Ireland