Monday, December 31, 2007

One more quilt top in 2007

Here is another all batik quilt top that I am lukewarm about. I thought I would really like it but I don't think there is a "resting place" for the eye. It seems too busy and too multicolor. It is 77" x 96". Once again I just worked with a pile of fabrics that were stacked together, I didn't "choose" my combination carefully. Next year I will do a better job. What is on my basting tables? I finally got a border on the Star Trip and I have started basting.
What am I quilting? I had this little piece waiting for me for almost 2 years. See how it ripples after quilting?
See how kittywampus it is? This is where most people panic.
All it needed was a steam press from the wrong side and it looks great. I'm contemplating putting some of that bead trim on it.
See you all next year!!!

8 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Very pretty quilts. I see what you mean about the batik one ... a narrow strip of black between the blocks and border would have allowed the eyes to rest. It's lovely though.

Happy new Year

mzjohansen said...

But how does it look on a bed when you are in it ?! Sometimes I find that quilts that look to busy or bright when held up - look really good when I am in bed looking at it from that sort of an angle !
Happy New Year !! Thanks for such a wonderful blog !

Anonymous said...

The more I study "the" quilt you are luke warm about the more appealing it is. And how important is a resting place?

WOW!!! the star trip quilt you have just begun to baste looks great.

And I vote to apply the beads to your last piece shown this afternoon~ they for each other. Healthy Happy New Year to you too. J~MT

TB said...

Happy new year, Wanda! I so enjoy visiting your site and enjoying the "show and tell".

meggie said...

Here I am, already in 2008. I look forward to enjoying more of your delicious quilts & your wonderful ideas.

Happy New Year Wanda.

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Wanda,
I love your batik quilt- it is gorgeous and would fill a room with the warmth of all those rich colors. I think beads will be a nice addition on your wall hanging.
I am about to make my niece a wedding quilt and the wall hanging colors have given me some inspiration. Thank you for that!!
Keep sharing your beautiful creations.
Regards from a Western Canadian quilter,
Anna

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like the small piece, beaded or no. It is GREAT! Of course, I love the star quilt on your basting table and, despite the lack of a "resting place" the scrappy batik is amazing. Happy New Year!

Shelina said...

All of your quilts are so beautiful. I just love your kaleidoscope - makes me want to work on my UFO, which isn't nearly as complicated. Your quilts in the other post are so beautiful and varied. I think if you look at your batik one again, you will love it. The borders give the eye a good place to rest.