Monday, December 10, 2007

Pinwheels

There was a book that used the woodpile block as the basis for many different arrangements similar to the log cabin block. Since I had easy access to all of the newest fabrics while I worked at a quilt shop I used some combinations that I might never have considered otherwise. This border fabric with some type of oriental writing on it was just asking to be used. I like the warm yellow and red combination and it was perfect with black and white.
This wallhanging was quilted by a professional long arm quilter.
I needed a smaller sample to be working on along with the class so I made this Jungle themed wallhanging which is available for purchase on my blog-shop.
Here is a closeup of some of the fabrics used.
It is icy here in northern Illinois and it sounds like we may get 2 more rounds of it this week. I have had to cancel my computer class and the art quilters' group that meet at my house. The next question is can I get my elderly parents to the grocery store, or do I do their shopping for them. I'm hoping for warmer weather tomorrow which would mean just rain, not freezing rain. The good news is I have more days to spend quilting!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Brights with black are my favorite. I do like the animal prints too.

The Calico Cat said...

pretty... You have to send the yellow one to me, because Black, Red, white & Yellow are Maryland colors... Look at our flag. & the quilting kinda looks like black eyed susan - our state flower.

mzjohansen said...

These are fabulous ! dynamic and full of motion ! Love them !

Anonymous said...

Who ever thought pin wheels could be so dramatic ? Only Wanda... The deep rich colors just spin !
J~MT

Vicki W said...

I like both of them but that first one really speaks to me! I love the bright yellow!

meggie said...

I love those jungle prints too! They look so dramatic.
Love the yellow flower.